Studies on insects, mites, viruses, bacteria, fungi and weeds that cause significant losses in plants are conducted. Tarım alanlarında önemli verim kayıplarına neden olan organizmalara karşı en uygun mücadele yöntemleri, çevre kirliliği, doğal denge ve ekonomi göz önünde bulundurularak araştırılmakta ve uygulamaya aktarılmaktadır. The most efficient ways of controlling organisms that cause significant yield losses in agricultural areas are studied and applied by considering environmental pollution, natural balance and the economy.
- Mitigating crop yield losses caused by diseases, pests and weeds,
- Developing sustainable and environmentally friendly farming practices,
- Finding more comprehensive solutions through national and international collaborations.
Carrying out projects for the solution of plants' problems in the region,
To contribute to the problems encountered by the directorate of provincial agriculture and forestry in practice, with on-site or laboratory support,
Fulfilling the tasks assigned by GDARP and GDFC apart from research projects;
- Quarantine analyzes
- Certification analyzes
- Preparing Plant Protection Technical Instructions
- Preparing Integrated Fighting Technical Instructions
- Preparing Standard Pesticide Trial Methods
- To conduct biological activity trial inspections
- Giving provisional BKU advice.
The Plant Health Department consists of Phytopathology and Entomology Departments.
- The Department of Phytopathology; includes the branches of bacteriology, herbology, virology and mycology.
- The Department of Entomology; consists of entomology and acarology sciences.
In the department infrastructure; There are Entomology Laboratory, Mycology Laboratory, Bacteriology Laboratory, Virology Laboratory, Herbology Laboratory, Molecular Biology Laboratory, Biological Control Laboratory, Glass Greenhouse, Climate Room (2 units) and Warehouse.