HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTE
Foundation of a private agricultural research station was decided for the Black Sea region of Turkey showing different agricultural specialties at the meeting of managers of regional seed improvement stations in 1944. In accordance with this decision "Samsun Regional Seed Improvement Station" was founded on the 16.kilometers of Samsun-Trabzon main road at the date of November 17, 1944. The institute went on his studies with the name of "Black Sea Regional Agricultural Research" after the date of October 15, 1971. Black Sea Regional Agricultural Research joined with Regional Agricultural Plant Protection Research Institute at the date of May1, 1987 and named as "Black Sea Agricultural Research Institute". Directorate of Samsun Soil and Water Sources Research Institute was repealed and was joined with the Black Sea Agricultural Research Institute according to law numbered 639 and published in official gazette dated June 8, 2011 and numbered 27958 regarding organization and duties of Food Agriculture and Livestock Ministry The institute is responsible to Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock through General Directorate of Agricultural Researches and Politics.