Analysis of soil samples have been made for determination, evaluation and improvement of soil fertility potential and research projects have been carried out for development of sustainable soil management practices and increasing soil productivity in the department.
Main Research Subjects;
• Fertilization techniques and determination of plant nutrition needs,
• Improvement of organic and inorganic fertilization materials,
• Development of microbial fertilizers,,
• Determination of chemical and biological spoilings in soil and their improvement
• Determination of excessive and inappropriate fertilizing and potential toxic elements deriving from several sources on soil pollution and plant growth
• Applicaton and development of alternate agricultural systems (precision farming, organic farming, soilless culture)
• Determination of the usability of wastes and residues in agriculture,
• Soil Classifications and land use.