AİM OF THE DEPARTMENT
The aim of the poultry production department is to conduct applied research on poultry, such as chicken, goose, duck, turkey, partridge, quail, on issues such as feeding, breeding, and genetic resources.
DUTIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To carry out research activities related to domestic or wild type poultry and their products.
- To research, collect and evaluate data on poultry selection and breeding methods, feed technology, poultry nutrition, and poultry behavior.
- To identify endangered poultry species and local genetic resources, breed, protect and develop methods.
- Sharing the research results with the scientific and producer community.
- To carry out, coordinate and monitor the necessary and planned basic and strategic research for the country and the region, to transfer the results to the field and to publish them.
- Fulfilling the responsibilities given by the Ministry and the Directorate.
The facility has a total area of 30.000 square meters, 60 rearing cages of 24 square meters, 35 breeding cages of 5 square meters, 4 tent-type poultry pen with 140 square meters of indoor and 400 square meters of walking area, and also a hatchery. Most of the facility is used for partridge (Alectoris chukar) production and has a production capacity of 50,000 partridges per year. In addition, our native breeds Gerze and Denizli chickens are bred in order to protect their genetic resources. In the poultry production department, scientific research is carried out along with production.