AİM OF THE DEPARTMENT
In the Quality and Technology department of our institute, some nutritional and technological analyzes are carried out on breeding materials and end products of cereals, legumes, industrial plants and forage plants. It is aimed to contribute to selection in terms of quality in breeding programs by determining the physical, chemical, physicochemical and rheological quality characteristics of breeding materials in order to develop new varieties in line with the demands of producers, industrialists and consumers.
DUTIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
• Contributing to the development of quality varieties suitable for the intended use.
• Determining the effects of environmental conditions and different practices on seed quality.
• Determination of the quality characteristics of the projects carried out within the scope of cultivation techniques and drought test center.
• Investigating the applicability of different analysis methods in determining seed quality.
• Selection in terms of quality before planting by performing post-harvest analysis of breeding material with fast and reliable methods.
• Classification of varieties in terms of quality parameters.
• Conducting quality analyzes on materials belonging to various research institutions (TUBITAK, etc.), universities, private sector and IWWIP program.
• Performing physical, chemical, technological and rheological analyzes on public/private sector samples.
• Informing producers about seed quality.
• Transferring the knowledge on quality and technology to both national and international participants, theoretically and practically.
• Raising awareness of consumers of all ages through social responsibility projects as well as scientific research projects.
• Supporting some quality studies of academic career projects.