The first important step towards the establishment of the Institute, in 1914 by Haydar Bey the governor of Konya was made. Until then, the land used for grazing on a large area  named Model Farm he established. He brought Todori engineer is the head of the farm. The land expanded according to the needs to 1916, from Konuklar State Breeding Farm 3 heads of Arab stallions, 25 native mares ,  two bulls and 30 cows  in Anatolian gray breed brought from. With each passing year, regular progress made on the farm, Agricultural School was opened in 1921 and in subsequent years fedding and slaughter scenes were added. Due to the crisis situation in the country in 1932, deprived of the necessary investment and innovation, farm has gone through difficult years. Farm, on June 23, 1934 by the Ministry of Agriculture purchased from Konya Private Administration, a "stud" status in order to gain the necessary arrangements was initiated. This date is considered to be the foundation of Konya Hara(Stud). Konya Hara’s first major study was Stallion Depot project. After the II. Monarchy as one of the notable drop in stud, pure-bred Arabian stallion as Fatih (King Faisal of Iraq's Ataturk gift), Seklavi VI. (Sultansuyu Cultivation), Hamdani-i Simran 937 Berk (Çifteler Cultivation), Küheylan-ı Mahsus, Hidilli of Heban (Çifteler Cultivation), Ferhan (Karacabey Cultivation), Bögio (was bought from Hungary) has taken several valuable stud like . According to Hara records of 1948; native black cattle, Akkaraman breed and different breeds of horses there. Horse number, consisted of the purebred Arabic, the halfblood Arabic, Nonius and halfblood of the British. At Hara fields, winter type of barley oat, wheat, rye, horse bean, as spring type clover, fodder beet, corn, beans, chickpeas, sunflower-like plants were planted. Hara management units, in order to respond best to the needs of the day, a new and modern tractors, plows, harrows, drills, reapers, harvester-shed, threshing, pasture, hay bales,hoes was equipped such as tools and equipment. Working areas, physical infrastructure needs, the number of personnel and machine park was expanded and increased steadily each  year. All these developments, as well as Turkey and in the world's major stud farm the studies conducted, laid out new approaches, closely and carefully monitored, given the attention has been given to them in Konya. In 1957 seen on need Equine Branch of  stud removed, Locared obtained stallion was collected in the Stallion  depot. In 1987 a second institute was established on farm land holdings  From this date, livestock activities continued as Livestock Central Research Institute. Winter cereals development studies activities begun at Bahri Dağdaş International Winter Cereal Research Centre. These two institutes; at 10.06.2002 merged under the name of  Bahri Dağdaş International Agricultural Research Institute, is connected to Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock, General Directorate of Agricultural Research and Policy continious its works a major regional research organizations