AİM OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Agronomy department carries out national and international studies on the development of plant production techniques (plant nutrition, irrigation, agricultural tools and machinery, etc.) for the purpose of protecting and developing natural resources, especially in its area of responsibility, and achieving the highest level of efficiency and quality in agricultural activities.
DUTIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- The Institute carries out studies for the efficient and economical production of field crops grown or possible to be grown in its areas of responsibility.
- For sustainable agriculture, it carries out studies for the protection and development of the physical, chemical and biological structure of the soil (Conservative Agriculture).
- Carries out irrigation works for efficient use of water resources.
- Carries out studies for the development of tools and machines used in agriculture, making them suitable for their purpose and using them.
- Plant nutrition studies the possibilities of using microorganisms, etc., which contribute to the availability of nutrients in the soil, in agriculture.
- Carries out the adaptation studies of alternative plants suitable for the conditions of the region or country.
- Determine the product pattern and develop production strategies suitable for the pattern.
- Carries out studies on practices aimed at increasing yield and quality in crop production.
- It detects and reports on disaster risks and situations, such as drought, etc. of the region it is responsible for, and provides technical support to policy developers on issues related to work subjects.
- It carries out publishing activities on the subjects of study.
|SERIAL NUMBER||ONGOING PROJECTS||PROJECT LEADER||SUPPORT|
"SUSTAINABLE LAND MANAGEMENT AND CLIMATE FRIENDLY AGRICULTURE PROJECT" Promotion of climate friendly agricultural production practices in Konya Closed Basin in support of climate change mitigation
Project Number: TAGEMFAO04(2019-2022)
|Dr. Fatih ÖZDEMİR||GEF(FAO)||BDIARI|
Overcoming the physical and mental barriers for upscaling Conservation Agriculture in the Mediterranean (ConserveTerra)
Project Number : TAGEMAB21 (2020-2024)
|Dr. Fatih ÖZDEMİR||EU (PRIMA)||BDIARI|
Production of Organomineral Fertilizers Originated from Biogas Facility and Investigation of Agronomic Efficiency in Wheat
Project Number: TAGEM-20/AR-GE/25 (2021-2024)
|Doç.Dr. Emin Bülent ERENOĞLU||TAGEM||CUKUROVA UNIVERSITY|