Environment al and Resource Management department was founded on the purpose of making researches on oceanography, limnology, determining environment and resource management. It's aimed to achieve base data for other departments and to determine level of pollution in various environments.
The determination of the quality criteria of the water resources to be used in fish farming and the compliance of the wastewater of the facilities and enterprises that discharge directly to the receiving environments with the quality criteria specified in the "Water Pollution Control Regulation" and "Environmental Law" are determined by the Department of Environment and Resources Management. For this purpose, many analyzes are carried out such as nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, silicate, ammonia, total phosphate, total nitrogen, sulfate, chemical oxygen demand, biological oxygen demand, chlorophyll-a, total hardness, organic matter in seawater or freshwater samples. In addition, heavy metals such as lead, copper, iron, manganese, arsenic, mercury, zinc, cadmium can be determined at the ppb level by atomic absorption spectrometry
In the laboratory units under the Department of Environment and Resource Management, environmental monitoring programs involving limnological and oceanological studies are carried out for various purposes as well as determining the suitability of water resources for aquaculture. In our laboratory units, besides basic water quality criteria, trace level nutrient and heavy metal analyzes are performed. Following various sample preparation stages, heavy metal analyzes are also performed on sediment and biota samples.
In our laboratory units under the Department of Environment and Resource Management, the existing equipment and analysis are;
Water Analysis Laboratory: There are equipment such as UV-VIS spectrophotometer, multi-sensor water quality measurement systems, pH meter, oxygen meter, centrifuge, filtration systems, distilled and deionized water systems, oven, precision scales in our laboratory. With the equipment in our unit, temperature, pH, dissolved oxygen, salinity, electrical conductivity, turbidity, total hardness, calcium, magnesium, total suspended solids, chlorophyll-a, permanganate index, alkalinity, hydrogen sulfide analysis, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, sulfate , phosphate, free chlorine, detergent and chemical oxygen demand parameters are measured.
Auto Analyzer (CFA) Unit: There is a seal brand 4 channel chemical auto analyzer in the unit. In water and seawater samples, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, silicate, phosphate, total phosphate and total nitrogen analysis are carried out at micromolar levels.
Sample Preparation Unit: Solubilization of solid samples with the aid of acid / acid mixtures for heavy metal analysis is carried out with the help of the Milestone Ethos 1 Model microwave system in our unit.
Atomic Absorption Unit: GBC 905 model AAS is available in the unit and manganese, zinc, copper, iron, cadmium, lead, arsenic and mercury analyzes are carried out with the help of flame, graphite, hydride and cold steam atomization systems.
ICP-MS Unit: Varian 820 model (Bruker) ICP-MS is available in our unit, and it is possible to measure multiple metal analyzes at ppb and ppt levels at the same time.
In the department, there are also Nansen sampling containers and 12x5 L capacity Sea Bird Rosette Sampler used for water column sampling in lake / sea studies. And also Sea Bird SBE 25 Model CTD system and YSI EXO2 model probe are used to measure the water column physicochemical parameters.
- TÜBİTAK 1007- Determination of Marine Ecosystem Impacts of Aquaculture Breeding Business - Researcher (2007-2010)
- TAGEM- Introduction of the Black Sea Trout (Salmo trutta labrax) to Private Sector - Researcher (2007-2009)
- TAGEM- Development of Turbot Aquaculture (Psetta maxima)Techniques - Researcher (2007-2010)
- TAGEM- The Determination of Nutritional Requariments in Black Sea Trout (Salmo trutta labrax) - Researcher (2011-2013)
- TAGEM - Development and Farming of Protection Strategy of Sturgeon – Researcher (2011-2013)
- TAGEM- Determination of Terrestrial Pollution Effect to Coastal and Marine Ecosystem in Eastern Black Sea- Project Leader (2012-2014)
- TÜBİTAK 4004 - To Know And Protect Our Seas– III- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey ,Nature Education and Science Schools Project- Educator (2014)
- TÜBİTAK 4004 - To Know And Protect Our Seas– IV- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey ,Nature Education and Science Schools Project- Educator (2015)
- TÜBİTAK 1007-Acoustic Method for Determination of Black Sea Anchovy Stocks and Continuous Monitoring Model Generation – Researcher (2013-2015)
- TÜBİTAK 3501- Determination of Phytoplankton Length Group's Seasonals Effects on Primary Production - Researcher (2014-2016)
- TÜBİTAK 1001- Role of micro zooplankton in the Southeast Black Sea planktonic food chain - Researcher (2015-2017)
- AB-Intelligent Oceanographically‐Based Short‐Term Fishery Forecasting Applications (GOFORIT)- Researcher (2015-2018)
- TAGEM-Effects of Light Fishery to the Sustainable Fisheries , Researcher (2015-2019)
- TAGEM-Monitoring of the Demersal Fish Stocks in the Black Sea, Researcher (2017-2019)
- TAGEM- Determination of Terrestrial Pollution Effect to Coastal and Marine Ecosystem in Eastern Black Sea- Project Leader (2014-monitoring)
- PRİVATE SECTOR- Çayeli Copper Corporation, Büyükdere Monitoring Project, Project Leader (2007-monitoring)
- TAGEM- Determination of Potential Aquaculture Cultivation Areas in Seas-Researcher (2017-)
- TAGEM- Development of Sturgeon Aquaculture Techniques - Researcher (2018- )
- TAGEM- Monitoring to Ecological Quality Values in The Infralittoral Zone From Samsun to Hopa Region Researcher (2018- )
- TAGEM- Monitoring of Economic Pelagic Stocks in Black Sea ,Researcher (2016- )
- TAGEM – The Use of Molecular Genetics and Biotechnological Methods to Form Black Sea Trout Breeding Line, Researcher (2019-2024)