Essential task of Headquarters is to determine, adapt and extend suitable ones of all kinds of improved agricultural technologies for theregion, including GAP area. For this purpose, it cooperates with all research institutions, develops and manages common or single-handed projects.
National Duty Area: Whole country
Regional Duty Area: Cities which are included in GAP area: Gaziantep, Kilis, Adıyaman, Sanliurfa, Mardin, Sirnak, Diyarbakir, Siirt and Batman; and irrigated farming areas of Malatya and Elazig.
to determine, adapt and extend the ones which are convenient for all the cities in duty area by monitoring all technologies and species which are improved in the whole country and all products, mainly in GAP region,
to carry out common studies with other research institutions, on technology and improving varieties that are appropriate with the engagement area,
to invite experts to the region and to give trainings for the farmers of the region in order to introduce improved technologies that are determined as suitable for the area among the ones that are improved in whole country and all products,
to exchange materials about all subjects studied with the institutes which have studies on similar issues under a project
to perform additional tasks that are assigned by the ministry,
On order to fulfill its essential task;
By cooperating with related institutes on vegetation and issues such as
Industrial Crops (Sunflower, Soybean, Cotton, Rape etc.)
Grains (Durum Wheat, Bread Wheat, Maize, Sorghum, SorghumxSudan Grass etc.)
Forage Crops (Clover, Sainfoin, Vetch, Trefoil, Lawns, Graminae Fodder Crops etc.)
Edible Graniform Legumes (Chickpea, Red Lentils, Dry Bean, Broad Bean etc.)
Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
Meadow, Pasture Improvement and Management
Garden Plants (all fruit, vineyard, olive oil and vegetables including tropik and sub-tropik ones)
Ornamental Plants (including natural ornamental plants),
Carries out activities on the areas of;
1. Conservation of genetic resources
2. Studies on improvement of source material, techniques of regeneration and breeding
3. Plant protection and disease resistance
5. Training and publication.
In the case of soil and water resources, carries out activities below in its region:
1. to increase utility and efficiency of infrastucture for irrigated agriculture by determining hydrological behavior of watersheds,
2. to develop methods for on-site soil moisture housing in order to decrease risk of agricultural production in arid regions,
3. to determine economic, applicable and acceptable methods of soil conservation in order to protect soil and water resources from the effects of erosion,
4. to develop suitable technologies and to increase water use efficiency for the project designing, execution and management of irrigation and drainage systems,
5. to determine suitable and economical regeneration methods for the lands affected from salinity and alkalinity in order to regenerate for agricultural production,
6. to constitute appropriate technology and irrigation programmes for the optimum usage of irrigation water under limited presence of water,
7. to determine renewable conditions of use for low quality irrigation water,
8. to determine polution factors of irrigation water and to resolve polution.