• Süzer is an open pollinated conventional winter canola (Brassica napus L.) variety which was developed by the Trakya Agricultural Research Institute.
• It was released in 2012.
• It has green leaves, many leaf lobes, dark green leaves, yellow flowers’ petals, brown seeds, medium plants height and siliqua.
• Medium plant maturity time
• High winter survival rate, tolerant to cold and heat stress (drought)
• Seeding rate 400-500 gram/da (1000 m2)
• Wide adaptation capability in different ecologies and can grow in marginal soils. • Fertilization is applied at three times; First apllication before planting “20-20-0” 20 kg/da, Second application in February 20 kg/da A.sülfat (21 N) and third application in March 20 kg/da A.Nitrat (%33 N)
• Strong stem and tolerant to lodging and seed shedding
• High yield potential between 300-400 kg/da (1000 m2) depending on soil, rain and fertility conditions
• Tolerant to Downy mildew (Peronospora parasitica), Alternaria black spot (Alterneria spp), and Blackleg (Leptosphaeria maculans).
• 1000 kernel/seed weight (grams per 1000 kernels) can vary from 3.5 to 4.0g depending on planting density and soil fertility.
• Oil content of canola crops can vary from 42% to 48% depending on the season and the growing area. Contain less than 2% erucic acid in the oil and less than 30 µmol/g glucosinolates.