In Poultry section studies encompasses 5 units as hen houses, slaughterhouse, laboratories and cold storage plants, covers an area of about 10 decares. After founded in 1957 poultry section studies begun to which outsourced classic Leghorn White Plymouth and New Hampshire chicken breeds, as it was the first step in the poultry industry of the region.
In subsequent years, efficient crossing studies between combined native breeds and outsourced genotypes broiler characters was the first domestic hybrid and parental genotypes began to be produced and codified with TS, WY nickname.
Domestic broiler hybrid works continued until the end of 1970's for to meet the chicks requirements of public and private organizations both breeder and broiler companies.
Today in regional many poultry business continuing with the success of the activities received information, support, and animal material from our organization provided in 1960-1975 years great benefits to the poultry sector.
Since 1979 with a new project started to develop new strains and under the name of National Poultry Research Project, with breeding and selection maternal and paternal lineages of broilers former shoals removed completely overhauled, by breeding and hybridization studies began to establish new herds based on foreign-source hybrids.
In 1983 pure level outputs initiated by establishing that 40 female line and 27 male line pedigree families output are made.
It is also study of the Dwarf genotypes to meet the needs of broiler breeders private and public organizations by poultry section became our country's image and it has been the centre of broilers.
As a result of studies the resulting our country meat-type hybrid material is named 'ERBRO'.
As a first scientific sense of projects in organic broiler and egg issue has been carried out, and this project results were presented to the benefit of our sector.
Still in institute organic and conventional broiler poultry and eggs projects are carried out.
Broiler Studies: Feeding and breeding researches are being conducted on the subject, institute has the trial unit which fully controlled 36 septum with 2000 chick capacity.
Our institute so far numerous studies have been conducted and over alternative antibiotic feed additives (Essential Oils, Probiotics, Prebiotics, Enzymes, and Organic Acids) effects on broiler chicks and still it continues to be made.
Laying Hens Studies: The institute research activities in white and brown laying line work is done, yield features with eggs and shell quality towards improving breeding and feeding issues carried out.
Moulting Studies: The Institute In order to use the second period yield moulting work is done on broiler breeder hens and laying hens therefore industrially it has developed a simple method of use.
Organic Poultry Studies:
In recent years worldwide it began to increase high quality, healthy and risk-free products requesting for consumers especially in the US and EU countries. In our country, the increase would be expected in this direction. Organic Poultry Projects are carried out by the institute due to environmentally friendly production techniques controlled and certified as with a production activities performed organic chicken breeding.
Studies on plant essential oils, Organic poultry production, Feed additives for growth promoters, Forced moulting of layer hens, Manufacturing of exogenous in-feed enzymes for the use of feed industry, Use of essential oils of aromatic plants in poultry feed,
- it can be used as growth factor instead of antibiotics chickens feed
- It can be increased of egg storage time
- Hatchery output power may increase
- may be used as a prevention preservative on bloody diarrhoea (Coccidiosis)
- It is used for alternative protein sources
- The availability of the native enzyme
- Boron may improve broilers bone structure and eggshell quality
- Zeolite could reduce the death rate in broilers
- Compared to conventional and organic farming of broilers can be made more cost
- Cotton seed meal can be used for soybean meal in the organic broiler breeding
Future Poultry Study Objectives:
- Increasing food safety (Campylobacter, C. perfringens, Salmonella spp.) in cooking eggs and chicken meat
- Investigation of improving the welfare of animals for breeding practices (moulting, beak cutting, reduction in the frequency of placement) the effect on efficiency, animal health, food safety and animal health
- Usage and utilization of poultry manure carried out of the hen house
- Mycotoxin contamination in feed
- The availability of alternative sources of protein in organic farming
- Environmental health and biosecurity in enterprises engaged in livestock production